A very busy open meeting with nine visiting businesses joining our members began with a Thought for the Day from Mike Yates of 121 Business Ltd on the benefits of belonging to a business networking group:
- High quality referrals which can be turned into long-term clients.
- More opportunities from a group of motivated members creating opportunities, potential for joint ventures, projects and partnerships.
- Increased links opening doors to talk to influential people in a business environment.
- Advice and expertise that you would not have otherwise.
- Raising your profile – network to get work, raising your profile locally, getting noticed, building a reputation.
- Positive and uplifting influence on your working career.
- Weekly confidence boost – sometimes being in business can be lonely!
The above benefits of belonging to a networking group were reinforced by William Scantlebury of The Complete Mortgage Company in his 10-minute Presentation about the club. The club was first established initially 11 years ago. William took over running the club in 2016, and since then it has been going from strength to strength!
He stressed how the club, in a very professional but friendly environment, generated quality leads, with members supporting and promoting each other’s services to their own customers and clients. William outlined the procedure for the meetings (currently online) which begin with:
- informal conversations in small breakout groups
- followed by a business Thought for the Day
- one-minute introductions from members
- lead generation and testimonials slot
- 10-minute presentation from a member or business specialist. There is a great sense of community amongst the club members and meetings, one to ones, and visits outside the weekly club meeting were encouraged he said.
Simon Clark Social Media Expert said the support and friendship he had received since joining a couple of months ago had been terrific, and that he had received eight leads in this short time. He is currently offering a free review for businesses interested in taking advantage of the opportunities their social media could potentially create.
The excellent relationships between members were further expressed by Luke of Purser & Luxford Car Sales Servicing and Repairs. Following flood damage on Christmas Eve, he took five computers to fellow member KTS Computers, all of which were returned working as good as new ready for business after the Christmas break. The car company is fully open for servicing, mots and repairs, plus click and collect for car sales. KTS is offering six-month maintenance contracts, stressing that prevention is better than cure!
Ed’s Gardening Services; Financial Markets Online Dot Com; Your Business Assistant; Avocet Staffing: DDK Limited Technology; Encompass Safety Solution and Office Supplies; 360 Group Business Communications; Clever Resourcing; and Michelle Riches Homeopath.
Compiled by Collette Parker 20 20 Communications