Our new Members Directory is now available – check it out https://www.riverportbusinessclubstives.co.uk/directory/
A Round up of Great News from our Members…
- Liz Greenhalgh Photography turned an opportunity on social media offering product shoots at her studio into four news commissions and a product shoot with a magazine. Simon Clark Social Media Expert is busy helping businesses with their social media strategy and postings to drive business to their websites and increase turnover. Polar the Web People has been talking to a number of businesses this week about taking over their website hosting and providing them with their world class email service. HK Designs is busy with 50-page magazines, infographics, presentations and case studies and is looking to help more clients in all of these areas of design and more besides!
- Thomas Quinn Accountants advised that although lots of schemes to help businesses were coming to an end, there are still some government schemes and projects such as bounce back loans for those facing tough times ahead. Monument Joinery has taken advantage of one such recovery grant to purchase a CNC Machine for detailed woodwork projects (basically a robot which cuts wood). This allows the business to expand its capabilities in carving and intricate mouldings and designs. The grant of £3000 was secured from the local Government Cambridge and Peterborough Restart and Recovery grant.
- KTS Computers is keeping clients computers running sweetly and safely during the current pandemic – if you feel the urge to throw your computer out of the window, resist and call KTS. Encompass Safety Solutions has a great e-learning opportunity check out the company’s website with offers of 20 per cent off on lots of learning possibilities from fire to food safety. https://www.encompasssafetysolutions.co.uk/page/elearning
- Voxxlife Wellness Practitioner Jo Crouchman is supporting all those working to keep their bodies and brains in tip top condition for exercise and work. Check out the revolutionary socks and sleeves sending neuroceptors in your feet or arms to your brain helping your body to work more effectively and combat ache and pains. If it is an oasis of tranquility that you are looking for then speak to Ed’s Gardening Services – it may be like a frozen waste outside, but now is the time to plan for your garden to make the most of it as spring emerges.
- The Complete Mortgage Company is helping new and existing property owners make the best choice as a whole of market mortgage broker, including those who are buying as a limited company, rather than as an individual – complicated but in William Scantlebury’s safe hands, more than possible. GM Property Solutions is re-financing one property to pay an investor and is now looking for more investors to invest who are looking for a good return. The company has another exciting opportunity as it is looking to purchase an additional property with a building plot, for which planning permission has been applied. Thomas Morris Sales and Lettings have reached 1000 homes on their books which they are letting and managing for owners. But they are still looking to grow this phenomenal portfolio, so get in touch if you have a property to rent. Do you own a pub or club which is currently closed but planning to get ready for opening as soon as lock down is over?? K E S Electrical Services can help you with any electrical services you may require.
- Roy Lodge Utility Warehouse is helping people save money and make money. He advised that with tariff increases due in April on energy bills, he can help those looking to switch and source a fixed price before the increases kick in.
- Purser and Luxford – reported that car sales have taken a sudden surge as people with money to spend who can’t go on holidays invest in vehicles. The company is also busy gearing up to provide services on electrical cars, with new tools and equipment as well as training for staff.
Thanks to East Anglia Gas Works and Adam Smith (www.nova-performance.co.uk) for visiting our online weekly breakfast meeting.
Presentation – 1 2 1 Business Ltd
Business coach and consultant Mike Yates gave us a fascinating insight into 1 2 1 and the world of business in his presentation. With a degree in mechanical engineering, he turned to the world of business in 1985 helping start a business from scratch to a turnover of £2million in two years.
He went on to a large corporate with 50,000 employees setting up their regional distribution network and within eight years was running all their key accounts. A Hunts Post Business Award finalist, he started his own business in 2003 and has coached thousands of businesses since.
Mike, author of Business Brilliance Made Simple, has given business presentations all over the world and regularly presents at business conferences in London. Lock down is no barrier to his work, as he consults with clients online helping them with issues from sales and cash flow to teams and time management.
He is a dedicated family man who loves to play golf to relax rather than win (his words), and does a great deal of work for charity – including raising £16k with 22 businessmen on a 24-hour three peaks challenge for the Papworth Trust.
If you have the attitudes and beliefs to make real headway in your business, then speak to Mike who will help you realise your true business potential. Now is the time like no other for innovation and diversification.
For more details visit: www.121business.co.uk
Compiled by Collette Parker 20 20 Communications ‘Oh, she doth teach the torches to burn bright!’